Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Packing Process

I'd already booked my entire trip when I discovered that for the safari portion I could only bring 15 kg (33lbs) with me, including hand luggage like a purse or backpack. Always up for a challenge I pulled out my old soccer bag, bought some pants that zip into shorts, a light fleece, and a bunch of travel-sized toiletries. I figure that if I have to go with 33 lbs I might as well go carry-on and not risk various African airlines losing my bag this summer. Yesterday I practiced packing and was pretty surprised to find I got it all in!!

In addition to the above-mentioned very ugly pants, highlights of what I've managed to include in 33 lbs between my carry-on bag and purse include: an additional backpack, 130 contact lenses, an entire first aid kit, 2 pairs of shorts and three pairs of pants, two dresses, an iPad, camera, and fancy binoculars (TBD if I can figure out how to use them), a deck of cards, two bathing suits (both safari themed of course!!), and two pairs of shoes...in addition to all the other stuff you'd assume I was bringing.

Fingers crossed they let me bring it on the plane with me...and that I haven't forgotten anything! Luckily I still have a couple of days to dwell on that and add anything I might have forgotten!

Also, this is my first post from my iPad, written on the subway in Toronto! Talk about efficient! I hope it looks okay!

2 comments: